NSCS 344, Week 10
Assignment 10: Maximum likelihood model fitting and parameter recovery
*** Due date: Start of class in Week 11 ***
Part 1: Implement maximum likelihood model fitting for the survey data (2 points)
- Follow along with the notes to implement maximum likelihood model fitting for the survey data
Part 2: Simulate data and fit data with a known value of sigma (2 points)
- Follow along with the notes to simulate and fit data with a fixed value of sigma
Part 3: Plot the parameter recovery for sigma (2 points)
- Follow along with the notes to generate the parameter recovery plot for sigma
Part 4: Parameter recovery with less data (4 points)
- Repeat the parameter recovery process with less data. First N = 50 participants, then N = 10, then N = 1 participant
- How does your ability to recover parameters change with the amount of data? What lesson does this have for experiment design?
Part 5: Parameter recovery with two parameters (2 extra credit points)
Perform parameter recovery for the two parameter softmax function
How well can the current experiment recover β and θ?